Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»Politics»Trump says ‘Triumphal Arch’ monument construction to begin within 2 months in DC: report
Politics

Trump says ‘Triumphal Arch’ monument construction to begin within 2 months in DC: report

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleDecember 31, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Trump says ‘Triumphal Arch’ monument construction to begin within 2 months in DC: report
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

President Donald Trump revealed Wednesday how soon an Arc de Triomphe-style monument will be constructed in the nation’s capital to commemorate America’s 250th anniversary in 2026.

Trump on Wednesday said the construction of the monument, nicknamed the “Arc de Trump,” will begin “sometime in the next two months,” according to a report from Politico.

“It hasn’t started yet. It starts sometime in the next two months. It’ll be great. Everyone loves it,” Trump reportedly told the outlet during a phone call from Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla. “They love the ballroom too. But they love the Triumphal Arch.”

The newest monument, which resembles Paris’ historic Arc de Triomphe, will be bankrolled privately, with funds left over from the new White House ballroom project, Fox News Digital previously reported.

TRUMP ADMIN FIGHTS IN COURT TO KEEP WHITE HOUSE EAST WING DEMOLITION, $300M BALLROOM BUILD ON TRACK

The exact location of the new landmark has not yet been confirmed, though the report notes it may be situated near the Lincoln Monument.

Details about the amount of time it will take to build, the cost of construction, the funding amount and who is heading the project have not yet been released by the White House.

Trump signed Public Law 116-217 in December 2020 authorizing the Women’s Suffrage National Monument to be built on federal land in Washington, D.C., leading to the subsequent signing of the Women’s Suffrage National Monument Location Act during former President Joe Biden’s final week in office.

TRUMP PUSHES BACK AFTER MICHELLE OBAMA KNOCKS EAST WING RENOVATION, CALLING OLD ARRANGEMENT ‘A DISASTER’

A model of President Donald Trump's proposed triumphal arch

The Women’s Suffrage National Monument Foundation (WSNMF) announced Dec. 4 it received final and unanimous approval from the National Capital Planning Commission for a permanent two and a half acre site on the National Mall in Constitution Gardens, according to the foundation’s website.

Foundation leaders noted the women’s suffrage monument went through a “multi-step, rigorous review process,” including gaining approval from the National Capital Memorial Advisory Commission and the Commission of Fine Arts.

The foundation also completed a public comment period with the National Park Service as part of the public scoping process, according to its website.

TRUMP TAPS NEW ARCHITECT TO RESHAPE WHITE HOUSE AS $300M BALLROOM BUILD ACCELERATES

It is unclear if Trump’s newest proposed monument received similar approval.

The Women’s Suffrage National Monument will be located at the intersection of 19th St. and Constitution Avenue NW, and the next project phase will focus on creative development and design.

Washington monument is seen in with US Capitol Building in Washington D.C, USA on October 18, 2021.

“The enthusiasm behind this project has been inspiring,” WSNMF President and CEO Anna Laymon wrote in a Dec. 4 statement announcing final approval. “We are so grateful for the dedicated support from so many who made this possible, including President Trump; President Biden; our honorary chairs Mrs. Melania Trump, Dr. Jill Biden, Mrs. Michelle Obama, Mrs. Laura Bush, and Secretary Hillary Clinton; our bipartisan and bicameral Congressional sponsors, Senator Blackburn, Senator Baldwin, Congresswoman Lesko, Congressman Neguse and their dedicated staffs; our incredible Board of Directors; and all our partners and supporters.”

TRUMP BREAKS GROUND ON MASSIVE WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM PROJECT WITH PRIVATE FUNDING FROM ‘PATRIOTS’

The most recent major monument built on the National Mall was the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, which was completed in 2011.

The granite memorial was inspired by a line from King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, delivered nearby on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom” in 1963.

The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

Fox News Digital’s Amanda Macias contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleDOJ says lawyers working ‘around the clock’ to prep Epstein files for release after missed deadline
Next Article Cancer drug combo shows promise for patients resistant to standard treatments

Related Articles

Department of War transports next-generation reactor in nuclear energy milestone

Department of War transports next-generation reactor in nuclear energy milestone

February 15, 2026
Schumer says Dems will fight voter ID push ‘tooth and nail,’ balks at DHS role in elections

Schumer says Dems will fight voter ID push ‘tooth and nail,’ balks at DHS role in elections

February 15, 2026
Hillary Clinton clashes with Czech leader over Trump policies at Munich security conference

Hillary Clinton clashes with Czech leader over Trump policies at Munich security conference

February 15, 2026
The one sentence in Rubio’s Munich speech that revealed Trump’s red line for Europe

The one sentence in Rubio’s Munich speech that revealed Trump’s red line for Europe

February 15, 2026
Chicago-area teacher breaks silence after losing job over 2-word Facebook post supporting ICE: ‘Devastating’

Chicago-area teacher breaks silence after losing job over 2-word Facebook post supporting ICE: ‘Devastating’

February 15, 2026
Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

February 15, 2026
Trump announces  billion pledge in Gaza aid from Board of Peace members

Trump announces $5 billion pledge in Gaza aid from Board of Peace members

February 15, 2026
Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

Rubio defends US assault on Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

February 15, 2026
Maryland woman says TPUSA high school event raised ‘serious concerns,’ says Child Protective Services notified

Maryland woman says TPUSA high school event raised ‘serious concerns,’ says Child Protective Services notified

February 15, 2026
Don't Miss
Award-winning pilot and wife die in plane crash after dirty windows prompt emergency landing, pet dog survives

Award-winning pilot and wife die in plane crash after dirty windows prompt emergency landing, pet dog survives

Iran says US must ‘prove they want to do a deal’ on nuclear talks in Geneva

Iran says US must ‘prove they want to do a deal’ on nuclear talks in Geneva

Costco launches mobile app ordering for custom cakes and deli trays, easing customer woes

Costco launches mobile app ordering for custom cakes and deli trays, easing customer woes

Former Obama aide claims former president was ‘not a progressive’ using a ‘2025 lens’

Former Obama aide claims former president was ‘not a progressive’ using a ‘2025 lens’

Latest News
Man who burned Quran in London may get US asylum as case draws Trump administration attention

Man who burned Quran in London may get US asylum as case draws Trump administration attention

February 16, 2026
Brooklyn Beckham catches wrath for ‘weird’ Valentine’s Day post amid family war

Brooklyn Beckham catches wrath for ‘weird’ Valentine’s Day post amid family war

February 16, 2026
Verizon customers face 35-day wait to unlock paid-off phones under policy change

Verizon customers face 35-day wait to unlock paid-off phones under policy change

February 15, 2026
Team USA men’s hockey goes undefeated in Group C, earns bye into next Olympic round after win over Germany

Team USA men’s hockey goes undefeated in Group C, earns bye into next Olympic round after win over Germany

February 15, 2026
Department of War transports next-generation reactor in nuclear energy milestone

Department of War transports next-generation reactor in nuclear energy milestone

February 15, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.