Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»News»Blue Jays outfielder Jesús Sánchez leaves game after appearing to be hit by ball thrown from stands
News

Blue Jays outfielder Jesús Sánchez leaves game after appearing to be hit by ball thrown from stands

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleMay 31, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Blue Jays outfielder Jesús Sánchez leaves game after appearing to be hit by ball thrown from stands
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

There are a lot of ways for a baseball player to leave a game with an injury.

Getting hit in the hand by a ball from a fan in the stands is apparently one of those ways, although it’s not a very common one.

OUTKICK IS NOW ON THE FOX APP: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Jesús Sánchez exited Sunday’s 9-5 loss to the Baltimore Orioles after he was hit by a ball that came from the stands at Camden Yards. The incident happened in the bottom of the sixth inning with the Blue Jays trailing the Orioles, 6-0.

At first glance, it looked bad. Sánchez was in right field during a mound visit, appeared to be talking to fans beyond the wall, turned away and then got struck in the right wrist area by what appeared to be a baseball.

That led to some understandable confusion on the Peacock broadcast.

“What’re you thinking?” Jim Palmer said. “I’d fingerprint it right now.”

Honestly, that was probably the first reaction for a lot of people watching the video. A ball coming from the stands and hitting an opposing player doesn’t look very good.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

However, closer inspection of the video reveals that there might be some important context here.

Baltimore Orioles shortstop Gunnar Henderson turning a double play at Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Sánchez seemed to raise his glove toward the crowd right before the ball came back toward him. According to Baltimore Sun reporter Jacob Calvin Meyer, several fans in right field described the incident as an accident. They said a young fan, about 13, saw Sánchez flapping his glove as if he wanted to play catch, and the fan threw the ball late after Sánchez had already turned around.

There’s a big difference between a fan maliciously throwing a ball at a player and a kid thinking he just got the coolest opportunity of his life, only for the timing to go horribly wrong.

And this kind of thing has happened before, albeit with much better results.

In 2012, former Tampa Bay Rays infielder Elliot Johnson famously played catch with fans after they invited him on Twitter. It was one of those neat little baseball stories that reminds everyone about how much joy sports can bring to people, even if it’s over a small gesture.

This one, unfortunately, looks to be the bad version of that.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE OUTKICK SPORTS COVERAGE

The Orioles said in a statement that the fan was identified and removed from the ballpark while the club conducts a thorough investigation, which makes sense. Even if this was an accident, the team still has to figure out exactly what happened and make sure Sánchez is OK.

Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Jesus Sanchez celebrating after hitting a grand slam home run.

Sánchez left the game after going 1-for-2 at the plate. He was replaced in right field by Yohendrick Piñango.

Fortunately for Sánchez and the Blue Jays, the initial injury update was encouraging: The Blue Jays later announced Sánchez had a bruised right wrist and that precautionary X-rays were negative.

But it is still a pretty good reminder for fans: Even if you think a major leaguer wants to play catch with you, maybe wait until you’re absolutely sure he’s looking.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleBurger King brings back fan favorite for the first time in 15 years
Next Article Cody Rhodes hangs on to WWE title as Clash in Italy match vs Gunther ends in controversy

Related Articles

Man calls 911 after girlfriend found dead in motel, police allegedly uncover disturbing videos on his phone

August 18, 2026

DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favoring minority students

August 18, 2026

Stephen A Smith goes off on national Black journalists organization after ‘personal hit job’ against him

August 18, 2026

One of world’s oldest orca whales found with possible shotgun wounds as officials launch investigation

August 18, 2026

Virginia man acquitted by insanity in killing flees US during 48-hour mental hospital pass

August 18, 2026

Saints first-round pick Jordyn Tyson could miss 2 months with hamstring injury from training camp

August 18, 2026

Newly released data shows which American cities have the most passionate fanbases in the NFL

August 18, 2026

Illegal immigrant learns fate after using stolen identity to vote in US elections for decades

August 17, 2026

CNN fires back at Trump White House over attacks on reporter, calls them ‘beneath the office’

August 17, 2026
Don't Miss

Man calls 911 after girlfriend found dead in motel, police allegedly uncover disturbing videos on his phone

DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favoring minority students

First Look: 1911 DS Prodigy 3.5” AOS 9mm

Reporter’s Notebook: Daylight saving time fight puts Senate up against a ticking clock

Latest News

GOP freshman firebrand targets global consulting giant over ‘plainly illegal’ DEI practices

August 18, 2026

One of world’s oldest orca whales found with possible shotgun wounds as officials launch investigation

August 18, 2026

Nearly 1M Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram vehicles recalled over camera glitch

August 18, 2026

Pro-life publisher facing demands to retract calling abortion ‘killing’ fires back: ‘The answer is No’

August 18, 2026

Virginia man acquitted by insanity in killing flees US during 48-hour mental hospital pass

August 18, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.