Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»News»Gunman fired at US consulate in Toronto, second time building was shot at this year
News

Gunman fired at US consulate in Toronto, second time building was shot at this year

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleJuly 28, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Gunman fired at US consulate in Toronto, second time building was shot at this year
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A gunman fired at the U.S. Consulate in Toronto on Monday, marking the second time this year someone shot at the building, according to authorities.

A single shell casing was found at the scene, and there was damage to the building’s facade.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

“The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Canada are open and operating normally, though some routine U.S. citizen services in Toronto are being rescheduled,” the consulate said in a statement.

GUNFIRE SHATTERS TORONTO LATIN STREET FESTIVAL, LEAVING AT LEAST 2 DEAD AND MULTIPLE WOUNDED

Toronto Deputy Police Chief Frank Barredo said there was a high-speed chase after the shooting that lasted an hour. However, no arrest was made and Barredo committed to continuing the search for those involved.

“We will approach this investigation with great seriousness,” Barredo said at a news conference. “We will bring the people responsible for this to justice.”

Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow described the shooting as a “brazen attack.”

“I want to say to the person or persons responsible, we will get you,” she said.

This was the second shooting targeting the U.S. Consulate this year, with the first coming on March 10, when two suspects allegedly fired multiple shots at the building before driving away in a stolen vehicle.

Toronto Police Deputy Chief Frank Barredo

Sheldon Tracy-Stewart, 18, and Zara Jabbi, 19, were arrested last month and charged with multiple offenses in connection with the March shooting. The allegations have not been tested in court.

A police presence has been seen at the consulate since the first shooting.

Barredo said a patrol vehicle was outside the consulate with its lights on when the shooting happened. Two security personnel were also in the building.

Last month, police said they believed multiple shootings, including the one in March, could be tied to “multilayered” gun-for-hire networks that have also targeted Toronto synagogues.

Two popular Jewish-owned bakeries were targeted by gunfire over the weekend.

US CONSULATE IN TORONTO STRUCK BY GUNFIRE, POLICE SAY; NO INJURIES REPORTED

Police in Toronto

Barredo said police had not ruled out a connection between Monday’s consulate shooting and the attacks on the bakeries. The motive for the consulate shooting remains under investigation.

“Investigators will follow the evidence to where it leads,” he said.

Doug Ford, the premier of Ontario, said he was “disgusted” by the recent violence in Toronto.

“I’m totally disgusted by the shootings and vandalism that took place in Toronto over the last few days, including at two Jewish-owned businesses over the weekend and near the U.S. Consulate this morning,” he said on X. “In all cases, active police investigations are underway. I expect all those responsible to be found, prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleTOP 10 BEST BACKPACKING GEAR LIST 2020
Next Article Acting Director of National Intelligence announces 4th wave of layoffs

Related Articles

DAVID MARCUS: Transportation Secretary Duffy is right, Harvard just ain’t what it used to be

August 21, 2026

Trump-appointed judge blocks blue state’s crackdown on ICE detention center

August 21, 2026

Hasan Piker calls Hamas ‘far more moderate,’ dismisses terror group’s brutal rule in Gaza

August 21, 2026

‘Yellowstone’ creator Taylor Sheridan was ‘homeless twice’ before building TV empire

August 21, 2026

College soccer player allegedly killed by boyfriend who blamed ‘demon;’ his mom accused of cover-up

August 21, 2026

Sneaky raccoon seen helping itself to ballpark fare at Citi Field as bewildered Mets fans look on

August 21, 2026

Tourists get dangerously close to massive bison in stunning nature video posted online

August 21, 2026

AT&T star Milana Vayntrub shows off her arm during first pitch at Mets game, WNBA flying object & LLWS grass

August 21, 2026

Kirk Cousins or Fernando Mendoza? Las Vegas Raiders surprisingly decline to name regular-season starting QB

August 21, 2026
Don't Miss

Nearly 40,000 eye drops recalled nationwide over possible contamination

Fox News Campus Radicals Newsletter: DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favo

DAVID MARCUS: Transportation Secretary Duffy is right, Harvard just ain’t what it used to be

60 Legal But LETHAL Home Defense Gadgets on Amazon

Latest News

Trump-appointed judge blocks blue state’s crackdown on ICE detention center

August 21, 2026

URGENT: Why You MUST Stockpile THESE Ammo Calibers RIGHT NOW!

August 21, 2026

EXCLUSIVE: Angel dad finds ‘new purpose’ with ICE after daughter’s killing turned his world upside down

August 21, 2026

Hasan Piker calls Hamas ‘far more moderate,’ dismisses terror group’s brutal rule in Gaza

August 21, 2026

THE ULTIMATE .410 SHOTGUN EVERY AMERICAN MUST OWN!

August 21, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.