Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»News»Judge temporarily blocks Trump DOJ’s nearly $2B ‘anti-weaponization’ fund
News

Judge temporarily blocks Trump DOJ’s nearly $2B ‘anti-weaponization’ fund

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleMay 29, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Judge temporarily blocks Trump DOJ’s nearly B ‘anti-weaponization’ fund
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A U.S. judge temporarily blocked the Justice Department Friday from “taking any further action pursuant to the creation or operation” of a $1.778 billion “Anti-Weaponization Fund.” 

The Trump administration said last week that the fund will compensate Americans unfairly targeted by politicized federal investigations on a “case-by-case” basis.

U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema’s order on Friday comes in response to a lawsuit filed by a group of plaintiffs that includes a former career prosecutor who alleges he was fired for his handling of Jan. 6 cases. The plaintiffs are suing to block payout from the fund. 

The order, which lists the Justice Department as a defendant, states that the DOJ is blocked “from taking any further action pursuant to the creation or operation of the Anti-Weaponization Fund, which includes the transferring of money to the Fund; the consideration of any claims submitted to the Fund; and the disbursing of any funds from the Fund.” 

TRUMP ADMINISTRATION PUSHES BACK ON ‘SLUSH FUND’ ATTACKS AGAINST ANTI-WEAPONIZATION FUND AND LAYS OUT WHO QUALIFIES

The judge also set a hearing for June 12 in federal court in Alexandria, Virginia. Fox News Digital has reached out to the Justice Department for comment.

The plaintiffs challenging the fund include former Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew Floyd, an Alexandria resident who prosecuted Capitol riot cases in Washington, D.C., before he was fired last year by then-Attorney General Pam Bondi.

Floyd was a deputy chief of the Justice Department’s Capitol Siege Section. He said he believes his firing was retaliation for his Jan. 6 work, according to The Associated Press. 

Another plaintiff is California State University Channel Islands professor Jonathan Caravello, who was acquitted of an assault charge. He was accused of throwing a tear gas canister at federal agents during a 2025 protest against an immigration raid at a Camarillo, California, cannabis farm. 

Also named as plaintiffs are the government watchdog Common Cause; the city of New Haven, Connecticut; and the National Abortion Federation, an association of abortion providers.

New Haven claims the Trump administration officials have targeted it and other municipalities that they perceive to be “sanctuary” cities. The federation said it fears that the fund will issue payments to people who have attacked abortion clinics, providing an incentive for more violence against its members, the AP also reported. 

NEWSOM WANTS TO CLAW BACK TRUMP FUND CASH AS CALIFORNIA BURNS BILLIONS ON RAIL AND OTHER ‘BOONDOGGLES’

Justice Department building with overlay of Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche.

The Anti-Weaponization Fund was born out of a settlement between President Donald Trump and the Internal Revenue Service. Trump filed the lawsuit against the IRS in January over the unauthorized disclosure of his tax records. 

Claims will be determined by a five-person board appointed by the attorney general, with at least one member selected with consultation with congressional leadership, according to a Justice Department press release. At any point in time, the president has the power to remove a member without cause, it added. 

“This is about seeking accountability for all Americans who were victims of law fare and weaponization: millions of Americans whose online speech was censored at the behest of the government, parents silenced at school boards, Senators whose records were secretly subpoenaed, churchgoers targeted by the FBI, and so on,” a Justice Department document stated. 

The Anti-Weaponization Fund was slated to last until Dec. 1, 2028. 

A banner featuring US President Donald Trump displayed on the US Department of Justice building facade in Washington, D.C.

 

Funding for the Anti-Weaponization Fund is coming from the Judgment Fund, which is a permanent Treasury account used to pay for settlements and claims against the government. 

Fox News’ Elaine Mallon, Kerri Urbahn and The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleDead voter allegation fuels concerns about voting safeguards as blue state official turns herself in
Next Article DOJ escalates blue-state ICE standoff after states refuse key federal request

Related Articles

American Airlines flight lands safely after laptop battery catches fire on board; passenger injured

August 23, 2026

Olympic runner Alica Ѕchmidt continues to lead by example and respects summer internationally

August 23, 2026

Paulina Porizkova, Halle Berry and Elizabeth Hurley prove age is just a number in bikini photos

August 23, 2026

Mexican governor facing US drug charges seeks leave just one day after returning to office

August 23, 2026

El-Sayed under fire online after taking aim at Usha Vance, female Trump aide in weekend social media posts

August 23, 2026

Kevin Stefanski, Bijan Robinson, and a new-look offense give the Falcons cautious optimism

August 23, 2026

Chinese humanoid robot breaks Usain Bolt’s 100m dash record at 9.39 seconds

August 23, 2026

STEPHEN MOORE: Don’t let the FTC tarnish Trump’s golden age of capitalism

August 23, 2026

AI agent hacks gym system to move up waitlist

August 23, 2026
Don't Miss

American Airlines flight lands safely after laptop battery catches fire on board; passenger injured

A powerful country on the other side of the world is quietly shaping Trump’s latest trade fight

Olympic runner Alica Ѕchmidt continues to lead by example and respects summer internationally

Paulina Porizkova, Halle Berry and Elizabeth Hurley prove age is just a number in bikini photos

Latest News

Karoline Leavitt reveals next role after leaving White House press secretary post

August 23, 2026

El-Sayed under fire online after taking aim at Usha Vance, female Trump aide in weekend social media posts

August 23, 2026

How Do I Work My New AR?

August 23, 2026

NYC taxpayers could pay twice under Mamdani’s city-owned grocery store plan

August 23, 2026

Kevin Stefanski, Bijan Robinson, and a new-look offense give the Falcons cautious optimism

August 23, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.