Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»News»Newborn vanished after secret birth, parents allegedly claimed baby ‘was a prank’: cops
News

Newborn vanished after secret birth, parents allegedly claimed baby ‘was a prank’: cops

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleJuly 27, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Newborn vanished after secret birth, parents allegedly claimed baby ‘was a prank’: cops
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A Florida couple accused of claiming their missing infant never existed has been arrested in North Carolina after a yearlong investigation into the child’s presumed death.

Leon Alejandro Jr., 21, and Samantha Feliz, 20, both of Hollywood, Florida, were arrested Wednesday in Rockingham, North Carolina, where investigators say they fled while Hollywood police investigated the disappearance of their infant.

The pair were taken into custody by investigators with the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Marshals Service and booked into the Richmond County Jail on fugitive of justice warrants. They are being held without bond pending extradition to Florida.

Hollywood police began investigating the case in early 2025 after learning Feliz allegedly gave birth sometime between Dec. 6, 2024, and Jan. 5, 2025, according to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.

DNA FROM SODA BOTTLE ALLEGEDLY LINKS MASSACHUSETTS WOMAN TO 1985 MURDER OF ‘BABY BOY DOE’

Authorities said the birth was concealed and happened somewhere other than a hospital.

Investigators said family members saw the couple with the baby during the child’s first month of life. After that, authorities said, the infant was never seen again.

According to an arrest warrant obtained by WPLG, investigators believe the child, identified only by the initials A.F., was last photographed on Jan. 5, 2025. Detectives wrote that the infant appeared “visibly ill and malnourished” and showed “no signs of life” in what they described as the final known image. 

The warrant also alleges investigators searched multiple locations with cadaver dogs but were unable to locate the child’s remains, according to the outlet.

MAN ACCUSED OF KILLING PARTNER ARRESTED IN MEXICO NEARLY TWO YEARS AFTER FLEEING WITH THEIR TWO CHILDREN

A Richmond County Sheriff's Office patrol SUV in North Carolina

Authorities allege Alejandro and Feliz repeatedly denied the child existed, telling relatives the baby “was a prank” and later claiming the pregnancy had been a “hoax” intended to scam family members out of money, WPLG reported, citing the arrest warrant.

According to the outlet, investigators said photographs showed Feliz visibly pregnant, while text messages discussed the pregnancy and the baby. 

Detectives also reportedly recovered baby clothing, a positive pregnancy test and what appeared to be blood-stained towels from a storage unit tied to the couple. DNA testing later determined blood recovered from the baby clothing and towels belonged to a biological child of Alejandro and Feliz, according to the warrant.

Despite the lack of a birth certificate or medical records, investigators said they developed enough evidence to charge both suspects with aggravated manslaughter of a child, tampering with or fabricating physical evidence, failure to report a death to the medical examiner, providing false information concerning a missing child and making false reports to law enforcement.

Authorities allege the couple fled Florida and were living on property belonging to one of Alejandro’s relatives in Richmond County when investigators located and arrested them July 22.

‘AMERICA’S MOST WANTED’ FUGITIVE CAPTURED ON SAILBOAT OFF NJ COAST AFTER 20 YEARS ON THE RUN

Aerial view of Hollywood, Florida

Richmond County Sheriff Mark Gulledge praised the multi-agency effort that led to the arrests.

“This is a prime example of agencies nationwide collaborating to uphold justice,” Gulledge said in a statement.

Authorities have not publicly released additional details about what investigators believe happened to the infant.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office for any additional updates on the investigation, but did not immediately receive a response.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleTOP 5 SELF DEFENSE GADGETS THAT WILL PROTECT YOU AT ALL TIMES
Next Article TOP 10 BEST EDC BACKPACK ON AMAZON 2020

Related Articles

Log Cabin Republicans removes ‘T’ from LGBT advocacy, says ‘radical’ trans activists are eroding gay support

August 22, 2026

Here are 5 drivers to keep an eye on as IndyCar hits the streets of Washington for Freedom 250 Grand Prix

August 21, 2026

Pentagon fires longtime publisher, editor, reporter from military newspaper Stars and Stripes

August 21, 2026

Former acting US Attorney Andrew Haden found dead in San Diego federal building: police

August 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: Transportation Secretary Duffy is right, Harvard just ain’t what it used to be

August 21, 2026

Trump-appointed judge blocks blue state’s crackdown on ICE detention center

August 21, 2026

Hasan Piker calls Hamas ‘far more moderate,’ dismisses terror group’s brutal rule in Gaza

August 21, 2026

‘Yellowstone’ creator Taylor Sheridan was ‘homeless twice’ before building TV empire

August 21, 2026

College soccer player allegedly killed by boyfriend who blamed ‘demon;’ his mom accused of cover-up

August 21, 2026
Don't Miss

Fauci’s lawyers launch legal defense fund as federal, state investigations mount against him

Log Cabin Republicans removes ‘T’ from LGBT advocacy, says ‘radical’ trans activists are eroding gay support

28 COOLEST & SMARTEST TACTICAL GADGETS ON AMAZON 2025

Texas Gov Abbott asks the Justice Department to investigate ‘discriminatory’ Islamic washing stations

Latest News

SMALLEST But DEADLIEST SHOTGUNS for HOME DEFENSE 2026!

August 21, 2026

TikTok agrees to pay $400 million to settle Justice Department children’s privacy case

August 21, 2026

Vance unloads on El-Sayed over Sharia remarks: ‘That’s not my grandpa’s Democratic Party’

August 21, 2026

Pentagon fires longtime publisher, editor, reporter from military newspaper Stars and Stripes

August 21, 2026

DEADLIEST REVOLVER SHOTGUNS IN THE WORLD!

August 21, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.