Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»News»Panthers’ Taylor Moton moved to non-football injury list with blood clot as offensive line concerns grow
News

Panthers’ Taylor Moton moved to non-football injury list with blood clot as offensive line concerns grow

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleJuly 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Panthers’ Taylor Moton moved to non-football injury list with blood clot as offensive line concerns grow
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

For the first time in a decade, the Carolina Panthers returned to the top of the NFC South. Their breakthrough season ended in January with a home wild-card thriller, where they pushed Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams to the brink.

After picking up Bryce Young’s fifth-year option and adding key pieces across the roster, the Panthers enter 2026 with higher expectations as the team eyes a second consecutive division title. But Carolina’s offensive line took another hit Tuesday, creating the latest test for a unit charged with protecting the former No. 1 overall pick.

Taylor Moton, the Panthers veteran starting right tackle, will be sidelined when the regular season kicks off in September. Moton learned in late June that doctors had discovered a blood clot in his left lung. The Panthers confirmed on Tuesday that the 31-year-old will miss the start of the season.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Moton’s setback comes with starting left tackle Ikem Ekwonu still recovering from a ruptured patellar tendon in his right knee. Ekwonu suffered the injury during the Panthers’ playoff game.

Ekwonu underwent emergency appendectomy surgery last August.

BRONCOS STAR QUARTERBACK BO NIX UNDERWENT SECOND PROCEDURE ON SURGICALLY REPAIRED ANKLE: REPORT

Moton was moved to the non-football injury list, joining two-time Pro Bowl defensive back Jaycee Horn.

The cornerback missed a Week 12 game against the San Francisco 49ers last season but finished the year with 16 game appearances. Horn landed on the non-football injury list this week after cutting his foot while running, according to the Panthers.

Jaycee Horn looks on during an NFL playoff game.

After the diagnosis, Moton was put on blood thinners and the team said he has responded well to the treatment. Carolina’s medical staff continues to monitor the veteran lineman day-to-day.

The Panthers had already moved to protect themselves on the left side, signing veteran tackle Rasheed Walker in March as a potential replacement for Ekwonu. Moton’s absence could now create an opening on the right side for Monroe Freeling, the offensive tackle Carolina selected with the No. 18 pick in the 2026 NFL Draft.

The Panthers wasted little time addressing the left side of the offensive line, signing Rasheed Walker in March as insurance for Ekwonu. The next month, Carolina doubled down up front by selecting Monroe Freeling in the first round of the 2026 NFL Draft.

Taylor Moton lines up during an NFL game

The Panthers selected Moton in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft out of Western Michigan. He has spent all nine seasons of his NFL career with Carolina.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleTOP 10 BEST TACTICAL GEAR REVIEWS 2021
Next Article Mamdani goes back on campaign promise, says NYC can’t arrest Netanyahu

Related Articles

Olympic runner Alica Ѕchmidt continues to lead by example and respects summer internationally

August 23, 2026

Paulina Porizkova, Halle Berry and Elizabeth Hurley prove age is just a number in bikini photos

August 23, 2026

Mexican governor facing US drug charges seeks leave just one day after returning to office

August 23, 2026

El-Sayed under fire online after taking aim at Usha Vance, female Trump aide in weekend social media posts

August 23, 2026

Kevin Stefanski, Bijan Robinson, and a new-look offense give the Falcons cautious optimism

August 23, 2026

Chinese humanoid robot breaks Usain Bolt’s 100m dash record at 9.39 seconds

August 23, 2026

STEPHEN MOORE: Don’t let the FTC tarnish Trump’s golden age of capitalism

August 23, 2026

AI agent hacks gym system to move up waitlist

August 23, 2026

Today’s leftists are dangerously wrong about communism. Just listen to the survivors

August 23, 2026
Don't Miss

A powerful country on the other side of the world is quietly shaping Trump’s latest trade fight

Olympic runner Alica Ѕchmidt continues to lead by example and respects summer internationally

Paulina Porizkova, Halle Berry and Elizabeth Hurley prove age is just a number in bikini photos

Mexican governor facing US drug charges seeks leave just one day after returning to office

Latest News

El-Sayed under fire online after taking aim at Usha Vance, female Trump aide in weekend social media posts

August 23, 2026

How Do I Work My New AR?

August 23, 2026

NYC taxpayers could pay twice under Mamdani’s city-owned grocery store plan

August 23, 2026

Kevin Stefanski, Bijan Robinson, and a new-look offense give the Falcons cautious optimism

August 23, 2026

Alaska Republicans scramble to educate voters on suspected Dem plant as ‘ballot fatigue’ threatens race

August 23, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.