Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»Politics»Top Dems go silent after McCarthy vindicated for booting Swalwell off intel committee
Politics

Top Dems go silent after McCarthy vindicated for booting Swalwell off intel committee

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleAugust 22, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

“No concern.” “Pernicious nonsense.” “Spurious allegations.” A “frivolous, political exercise.”

Those were among the defenses senior Democrats mounted on former Rep. Eric Swalwell’s behalf as former GOP House Speaker Kevin McCarthy tried to force the California Democrat off the powerful House Intelligence Committee over his relationship with suspected Chinese intelligence operative Christine “Fang Fang” Fang. 

Now, newly declassified FBI records and a raid on his home are casting fresh light on Swalwell’s relationship with Fang that Democrats denied and previously argued did not justify McCarthy’s actions.

The newly declassified records, released by the White House Government Transparency Task Force Monday, detail two FBI interviews with Swalwell, both conducted as part of a broader investigation examining Fang’s involvement with illicit campaign contributions, funneling interns to Swalwell’s office and other activity. 

DECLASSIFIED FBI DOCS REVEAL SWALWELL HAD SEX WITH ‘FANG FANG’ MULTIPLE TIMES

Meanwhile, FBI agents seized Swalwell’s electronic devices at San Francisco International Airport on Saturday night, while his Washington, D.C., residence was subsequently searched the following day, as part of a probe into sexual misconduct.

“I sat in on that briefing. And when Kevin McCarthy misrepresents it and does that disservice to the American people, it’s shameful,” then-Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said in January 2023 as McCarthy blocked Swalwell from returning to the Intelligence Committee. Schiff, who had chaired the House Intelligence Committee, added that Swalwell had “served honorably” on the panel, had “never been accused of any kind of wrongdoing” and called McCarthy’s criticism a “patently unfair smear.”

“Mr. Speaker, I have rarely heard such pernicious nonsense as we heard from the minority leader a few minutes ago. He accused Mr. Swalwell of having a Chinese spy or Chinese agent in his campaign. I understand he has introduced a resolution to remove Mr. Swalwell from his committee for that purpose,” Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., said during remarks from the House floor. “That is absurd. And I think Mr. McCarthy ought to be ashamed because he is an experienced campaigner — he knows this — for raising these spurious allegations.”

SWALWELL RESIGNATION COLLIDES WITH CHINA-LINKED SCANDAL AS CRITICS DEMAND FILE RELEASE

U.S. Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA)

The newly declassified files show for the first time publicly that the FBI’s concerns about Swalwell went beyond just the fact he had a romantic relationship with Fang, which Swalwell admitted to in the interviews uncovered in the file. The declassified documents also showed agents had launched a full investigation tied to Fang examining possible bribery, foreign campaign contributions and efforts to trade access to Swalwell and congressional internships for political donations.

The records also show how the FBI viewed Fang as a significant counterintelligence concern, suspecting ties to China’s Ministry of State Security (MSS) and at one point attempting to recruit her as an FBI confidential source.

PELOSI, CALIFORNIA DEMS SLAM SWALWELL OVER BOMBSHELL SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATIONS: ‘INDEFENSIBLE’

Investigators ultimately did not find evidence that Swalwell participated in a quid-pro-quo scheme or committed federal corruption violations, and he was removed as a subject of the investigation in 2017. Separately, the bipartisan House Ethics Committee closed its investigation into Swalwell’s interactions with Fang in May 2023 without taking further action against him.

Then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also publicly defended Swalwell as the controversy first erupted in December 2020, saying, “I don’t have any concern about Mr. Swalwell” when asked about whether increased security should be tied to positions of influence in Congress. Her office separately said Pelosi had “full confidence in Congressman Swalwell’s service in the Congress and on the Intelligence Committee.”

PELOSI DISTANCES HERSELF FROM ALLY SWALWELL AMID SEXUAL MISCONDUCT ALLEGATIONS

Pelosi and McCarthy later received a classified FBI briefing on the matter in December 2020. McCarthy emerged from the briefing saying Swalwell “should not be on Intel,” while Pelosi continued to back the California Democrat, who was later reappointed to the Intelligence Committee in March 2021.

“The knowledge that I have of what transpired and the actions that he has done and the behavior, especially when he’s gone to other countries, I would be very leery of him in any position of that can have sensitive information,” McCarthy previously told Fox News Digital earlier this year. “The recklessness in which he lived his life, the reports that have come back, I think it would be hard for him to ever even be considered as a governor candidate, period.”

Split of Nancy Pelosi and Eric Swalwell

Then-House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer likewise dismissed McCarthy’s effort to remove Swalwell as a “frivolous, political exercise” intended to “attack the reputation of an outstanding Member of Congress.” Hoyer also described the Republican push as a “spurious attempt.”

SENATOR GALLEGO SAYS LONGTIME FRIENDSHIP WITH SWALWELL ‘CLOUDED MY JUDGMENT’ AS RUMORS SWIRLED IN DC

And in January 2023, then-Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., went further in defending Swalwell, saying on CNN that “the FBI has clearly stated that Swalwell … has been cleared.” Gallego said Swalwell and Schiff “have not done anything incorrectly” and rejected the suggestion that they posed a national-security threat.

Fox News Digital reached out to the top Democrats mentioned in this article, but did not hear back in time for publication.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleFlorida Democrat Senate nominee Angie Nixon insists ‘I’m not a socialist’ after joining DSA
Next Article Five Calibers You Should Stockpile Before World War III

Related Articles

AOC endorses Sen Ed Markey as incumbent faces Dem US Senate primary challenge from Rep Seth Moulton

August 22, 2026

Schumer ducks question on campaigning with socialist candidate who refuses to back him as leader

August 22, 2026

Southern California hits ICE with ‘dumbfounding’ roadblock as top lawmaker rips ‘reckless’ hypocrisy

August 22, 2026

Top 5 most heated moments as progressives spar over who is further to the left in final Dem Senate debate

August 22, 2026

Fauci’s lawyers launch legal defense fund as federal, state investigations mount against him

August 22, 2026

Texas Gov Abbott asks the Justice Department to investigate ‘discriminatory’ Islamic washing stations

August 21, 2026

Vance unloads on El-Sayed over Sharia remarks: ‘That’s not my grandpa’s Democratic Party’

August 21, 2026

Black voters rip Dems over taking them for granted in El-Sayed’s backyard: ‘Hush us up’

August 21, 2026

Fox News Campus Radicals Newsletter: DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favo

August 21, 2026
Don't Miss

30 SECRET Self Defense Gadgets You Can BUY on Amazon

Mavericks buy out Klay Thompson’s contract, NBA champion set to join Giannis Antetokounmpo in Miami: report

Five Calibers You Should Stockpile Before World War III

Top Dems go silent after McCarthy vindicated for booting Swalwell off intel committee

Latest News

30 COOLEST NEW SURVIVAL GEAR & GADGETS ON AMAZON 2025

August 22, 2026

US-Canada trade negotiations suspended, Carney vows dollar-for-dollar retaliation against Trump’s 50% tariffs

August 22, 2026

AOC endorses Sen Ed Markey as incumbent faces Dem US Senate primary challenge from Rep Seth Moulton

August 22, 2026

Missing New York grandmother found dead near Las Vegas airport after mysterious Bitcoin texts

August 22, 2026

30 SUPER USEFUL CAMPING GADGETS FROM AMAZON!

August 22, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.