Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»Politics»Trump Kennedy Center’s board votes unanimously to approve $257M renovations and two-year closure
Politics

Trump Kennedy Center’s board votes unanimously to approve $257M renovations and two-year closure

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleMarch 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Trump Kennedy Center’s board votes unanimously to approve 7M renovations and two-year closure
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Plans to shutter the Trump Kennedy Center were made official through a board of trustees vote on Monday afternoon, setting up a two-year renovation process that some Democratic lawmakers believe should have required more congressional input.

The board unanimously approved the changes, according to a source familiar with the vote.

The source also said the board had set July 6 as the official closure date, installed Matt Floca, the center’s vice president of facilities operations, as the new president of the Trump Kennedy Center and ended its exclusive affiliation with the Washington Opera.

The overhaul will include fixes to the building’s heating, ventilating, air-conditioning systems and elevators, among other structural renovations, according to plans for the project submitted to Congress.

BOARD VOTES KENNEDY CENTER TO BE RENAMED ‘TRUMP-KENNEDY CENTER,’ LEAVITT SAYS

Allocations for the project, set aside in Trump’s Big Beautiful Bill, are set to cost $257 million.

Last year, Trump installed a hand-picked set of board members, leading Democratic critics to condemn the center’s management and its renovation as direct control from the White House.

Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., an ex officio member of the board, blasted Monday’s vote, arguing the renovations were made unilaterally.

“Unfortunately, recent actions by the president and certain board members have treated the center like a personal vanity project, including firing career management staff, removing trustees and sidelining ex officio members who are meant to provide congressional oversight,” Warner said on Monday.

GRAMMY WINNER ACCUSED OF CAVING TO ‘WOKE MOB’ AFTER KENNEDY CENTER CANCELLATION

Sen. Mark Warner

Ex officio members provide lawmakers input on the management of the Kennedy Center.

Ric Grenell, the now-former Kennedy Center president, pushed back on characterizations from Democrats, stating that lawmakers have had multiple opportunities to speak into the process.

EXCLUSIVE: TRUMP-LED KENNEDY CENTER NEARLY DOUBLES FUNDRAISING FROM BIDEN ERA, SMASHING RECORD WITH $23M HAUL

“We gave all that information to Congress. It was in the Big Beautiful Bill. We didn’t just come up with the $257 million number. We actually gave them specifics as to what needed to be fixed,” Grenell said.

“My reaction is — last summer we gave you this information, you could have joined any number of the tours we were giving to members of Congress.”

Richard Grenell and President Donald Trump side by side

Earlier this year, President Donald Trump framed the renovations as key restorations.

“Subject to board approval, I have determined that the fastest way to bring The Trump Kennedy Center to the highest level of success, beauty, and grandeur, is to cease entertainment operations for an approximately two-year period of time,” Trump wrote in a Truth Social post in February.

Trump promised the center would return with a “grand reopening” after the renovations are complete.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleProgressive group appears to advocate for illegal immigrants to be eligible for guaranteed income programs
Next Article Billionaire Uber co-founder Travis Kalanick admits strategically moving to Texas before California wealth tax

Related Articles

Socialists cheer ‘shockwave’ primary night as DSA-backed candidates win, advance across the map

Socialists cheer ‘shockwave’ primary night as DSA-backed candidates win, advance across the map

May 24, 2026
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Bishop Barron blasts Catholic left for ‘demonization’ of Trump amid child trafficking crisis

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Bishop Barron blasts Catholic left for ‘demonization’ of Trump amid child trafficking crisis

May 24, 2026
Platner’s online past gets raunchier with crude takes on ‘Latin American hookers,’ cheating abroad

Platner’s online past gets raunchier with crude takes on ‘Latin American hookers,’ cheating abroad

May 24, 2026
WATCH: Platner doesn’t apologize to Purple Heart recipient, voters when confronted on post mocking soldier

WATCH: Platner doesn’t apologize to Purple Heart recipient, voters when confronted on post mocking soldier

May 24, 2026
Inside the rise of hardship politics as wealthy Democrats eye 2028

Inside the rise of hardship politics as wealthy Democrats eye 2028

May 23, 2026
Trump says Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’ as 84-day war nears possible end

Trump says Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’ as 84-day war nears possible end

May 23, 2026
RFK Jr announces ‘largest autism fraud bust in American history’ with .6M Medicaid scheme indictment

RFK Jr announces ‘largest autism fraud bust in American history’ with $46.6M Medicaid scheme indictment

May 23, 2026
Castro indictment fuels speculation Trump may be reviving Maduro playbook against Cuba

Castro indictment fuels speculation Trump may be reviving Maduro playbook against Cuba

May 23, 2026
US Army hits 2026 recruiting goals four months early, Pete Hegseth announces at West Point commencement

US Army hits 2026 recruiting goals four months early, Pete Hegseth announces at West Point commencement

May 23, 2026
Don't Miss
Socialists cheer ‘shockwave’ primary night as DSA-backed candidates win, advance across the map

Socialists cheer ‘shockwave’ primary night as DSA-backed candidates win, advance across the map

The red states racing ahead in America’s powerful wealth boom — and the states falling behind

The red states racing ahead in America’s powerful wealth boom — and the states falling behind

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Bishop Barron blasts Catholic left for ‘demonization’ of Trump amid child trafficking crisis

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Bishop Barron blasts Catholic left for ‘demonization’ of Trump amid child trafficking crisis

Four-time Indy 500 winner Helio Castroneves recalls getting speeding ticket for going triple digits

Four-time Indy 500 winner Helio Castroneves recalls getting speeding ticket for going triple digits

Latest News
Agitators united by Chinese money, hate for America target data centers, experts warn

Agitators united by Chinese money, hate for America target data centers, experts warn

May 24, 2026
ISLAND PORTED GLOCK?! – Derya DY9 Island Honest Gun Review!

ISLAND PORTED GLOCK?! – Derya DY9 Island Honest Gun Review!

May 24, 2026
PETER NAVARRO: Powell’s shadow Fed majority could threaten jobs, housing and growth

PETER NAVARRO: Powell’s shadow Fed majority could threaten jobs, housing and growth

May 24, 2026
“Sounds like a freakin’ CANNON!” — FK BRNO PSD-C Honest Gun Review!

“Sounds like a freakin’ CANNON!” — FK BRNO PSD-C Honest Gun Review!

May 24, 2026
WATCH: Platner doesn’t apologize to Purple Heart recipient, voters when confronted on post mocking soldier

WATCH: Platner doesn’t apologize to Purple Heart recipient, voters when confronted on post mocking soldier

May 24, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.