Close Menu
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Truth Republican
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Guns & Gear
  • Healthy Tips
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Newsletter
Truth Republican
You are at:Home»Politics»Trump reveals new WHCA Dinner venue after shooting chaos derailed gala
Politics

Trump reveals new WHCA Dinner venue after shooting chaos derailed gala

Buddy DoyleBy Buddy DoyleJune 2, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Trump reveals new WHCA Dinner venue after shooting chaos derailed gala
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that the rescheduled White House Correspondents’ Dinner (WHCD) will take place at the Waldorf Astoria in July, nearly three months after gunfire abruptly ended this year’s banquet at the Washington Hilton.

“In a sign of Strength and Fortitude, it was just announced that The White House Correspondents’ Dinner, which violently ended rather abruptly on April 25th, will be rescheduled to July 24th. This announcement is a very good thing in that we cannot allow Lunatics to change our way of life, or even its scheduling,” wrote Trump on Truth Social.

“It will be a ‘HOT’ ticket! Interestingly, the location will be The Waldorf Astoria, on Pennsylvania Avenue, a Building and Ballroom that I built,” Trump continued. 

The annual dinner has historically been held at the Washington Hilton. Chaos, however, broke out at this year’s banquet when an armed suspect stormed the event in what authorities say was an attempt to assassinate the president. The incident prompted Secret Service agents to rush the president and first lady from the room as guests scrambled for cover, abruptly ending the dinner.

TRUMP RUSHED AWAY FROM WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS’ DINNER AS SHOTS FIRED

“I was asked to be there, and speak, by Weijia Jiang, President of The White House Correspondents’ Association, and have accepted. I don’t know whether or not I will give the same rather nasty statements, at least as it concerns certain people, but we will soon find out,” Trump continued. 

The Waldorf Astoria occupies the Old Post Office building, where the Trump Organization previously operated Trump International Hotel Washington D.C. The Trump Organization sold the hotel’s lease rights in 2022. 

LEAVITT BLAMES ‘LEFT-WING CULT OF HATRED’ AFTER WHCA DINNER SHOOTING

Agents standing guard outside Washington Hilton hotel

Jiang announced the rescheduled date was decided by the White House Correspondents’ Association board in an email to association members, sharing the rescheduled event will be a more “intimate gathering.”

“The event will feature significantly enhanced safety measures and new access procedures,” Jiang stated.

White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt, who has been on maternity leave, said on X that she will attend the event, writing, “Looking forward to a great night.”

MELANIA TRUMP ADVISOR REVEALS WHAT FIRST LADY WAS THINKING AS SECRET SERVICE RUSHED WHCA DINNER

Guests walking away from the Washington Hilton amid heavy police presence

“This dinner will not only be an opportunity to carry out our program. It will be a statement that violence has no place in American life and a free press will not be intimidated into silence. As you have all demonstrated, courage and community can and should rise above,” Jiang said.

In May, suspect Cole Allen pleaded not guilty to attempting to assassinate the president of the United States, discharge of a firearm during a crime of violence, transporting a firearm across state lines and assaulting a federal officer with a deadly weapon.

Fox News Digital reached out to the White House for additional comment.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleCollege softball star eats ladybugs for good luck, and it actually seems to be working
Next Article Florida AG says OpenAI ‘exposed’ to billions in potential damages, cites evidence uncovered in investigation

Related Articles

Todd Blanche backs Jeanine Pirro after Lincoln Memorial pool vandalism case dismissal

August 17, 2026

Progressive Minneapolis mayor’s viral hip-hop moves spark ‘humiliation ritual’ mockery online

August 16, 2026

Anti-Israel nonprofit under federal investigation over financial dealings: report

August 16, 2026

The only map you need to see as California’s billionaire tax fight heats up

August 16, 2026

Hasan Piker torched over playbook to dodge his past controversies: ‘Bats— crazy’

August 16, 2026

Swing-state’s fraud reckoning raises Minnesota-style alarm as wild schemes exposed

August 16, 2026

Advocate tells freed Marine vet’s physical, psychological torment in Russian prison as 5 Americans remain held

August 15, 2026

Fauci refuses Senate appearance after invoking Fifth Amendment more than 100 times in COVID probe

August 15, 2026

Trump backs Republican challenger to oust Letitia James amid ongoing mortgage fraud feud

August 15, 2026
Don't Miss

Hayden Panettiere dead at 36

12 SURVIVAL GEAR & GADGETS EVERY MAN SHOULD HAVE

NYPD officers fatally shoot man armed with butcher knife after he advanced toward cops: police

15 Lethal Weapons On AMAZON That Don’t Need Bullets

Latest News

15 BEST MICRO COMPACT PISTOLS FOR EVERYDAY CARRY!

August 17, 2026

Todd Blanche backs Jeanine Pirro after Lincoln Memorial pool vandalism case dismissal

August 17, 2026

Louisiana man accused of killing wife, propping her body up for multistate drive

August 17, 2026

25 Coolest New Survival & Camping Gadgets on Amazon 2024

August 17, 2026

Trump orders major cut to US-South Korea drills as North Korea ramps up missile tests

August 17, 2026
Copyright © 2026. Truth Republican. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.